Hours: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Admission: $11 Adults, $6 Child, The Zoo will close at 3:00 p.m. on Dec. 18Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year's Day,
Sign your teen up for Zoo Crew!
This summer, your teen can do something fun, rewarding and different at Blank Park Zoo!
Zoo Crew is a special opportunity for youth ages 13-17 to get involved at Blank Park Zoo. As a Zoo Crew volunteer, you have the opportunity to…
- Assist education animal presenters
- Assist Summer Safari teachers with preschool camps
- Help with Blank Park Zoo special events
- Share animal artifacts with Zoo visitors
- Help us keep the Zoo looking beautiful
- Assist keepers in Kids Kingdom (animal contact is limited)
Here’s what you need to do to be a part of Zoo Crew:
1. Fill out an application. Applications for the 2014 Zoo Crew program will be accepted until March 21, 2014.
2. Interview for a spot on the Zoo Crew team. Interviews will be held the week of April 14. You will be contacted to set up an interview.
3. Attend orientation and training. All new Zoo Crew volunteers and an adult must attend orientation. New Zoo Crew orientation will be Sunday, May 4 from 2 to 4 pm. Returning Zoo Crew information night will be Sunday, April 13 from 2 to 3:30 pm.
4. Attend a training session. Zoo Crew volunteers will need to attend one day of training June 11-13 in order to begin volunteering.
To participate in Zoo Crew, the cost is $35 for members or $40 for nonmembers. The cost covers your T-shirt, water bottle, training and information packet.
Zoo Crew is primarily active in June, July and August; however, we will have limited opportunities for you to volunteer throughout the year. All new volunteers must commit for a minimum of 40 hours June through August. Volunteers schedule their own hours – you sign up for the shifts that fit your schedule best.