Hours: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Admission: $12 Adults, $7 Child
Top 10 Reasons to Volunteer for Night Eyes at Blank Park Zoo
Night Eyes is not only central Iowa’s premier Halloween event for families to enjoy, it is also a one-of-a kind opportunity to volunteer among trick-or-treaters, costumed storybook characters, and of course, some of the animals of Blank Park Zoo. If you’re looking for a chance to come out to the Zoo this fall, have fun with a group of friends and see merry, not scary Halloween adventures, consider signing up to volunteer!
A group of friends volunteers to dress up as the Wizard of Oz crew
Here are the Top 10 Reasons you should sign up to volunteer at Night Eyes today!
10. Give back to the community
9. Get to spend time at Blank Park Zoo
8. Be part of a fun, 23-year Halloween tradition at the Zoo
7. Hand out candy to kids of all ages
6. See the lights, special Halloween exhibits and more
5. Experience the Zoo at night
4. Meet new people and/or have fun with your friends
3. See Deuce the new lion experience his first Night Eyes
2. Get to dress up in fun costumes and be a little silly
1. TO HAVE FUN!
A volunteer in costume says hello to Elmo the trick-or-treater
Night Eyes runs Oct. 17-20 and Oct. 24-27 on Thursday and Friday evenings from 5:30 to 8 pm and Saturdays and Sundays from 1 to 8 pm. A variety of shift times are available with many different opportunities! Check out our volunteer sign up page for more details.
Night Eyes volunteers Jerilou and Roxanne take a break from handing out candy
Questions? Contact Blank Park Zoo’s volunteer coordinator Chris Eckles at firstname.lastname@example.org.