Hours: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Admission: $12 Adults, $7 Child.
What YOU can do for Global Conservation
- Never buy exotic hardwood – keep our rainforests healthy
- Snip six-pack rings – these can harm our marine wildlife
- Never buy exotic animal products including: ivory, tortoiseshell, coral, reptile skins, cat pelts or other products from endangered animals or plants
- Recycle your used printer cartridges and old cell phones – if you bring these items to Blank Park Zoo we will recycle them for you!
- Eat dolphin-safe tuna
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth – a household can save up to 20,000 gallons of water per year
- Keep your tires fully inflated – this will increase the life of your tires while saving you gas
- Use rechargeable batteries – batteries contain heavy metals which eventually end up in our water, air and soil
- Carpool, walk or ride your bike – the less driving you do the less carbon is released into the air
- Support your zoo! We play a huge roll in conservation by breeding endangered animals.
What YOU can do for Local Conservation
- Plant a tree – provides shade and cleans the air
- Create “backyard habitat” for native wildlife – add birdhouses, birdbaths, plants and trees
- Volunteer to clean up local waterways and parks
- Install rain barrels to collect rainwater for gardens and plants
- Use less pesticides and fertilizers on your lawn – these leach toxins into our groundwater
- Pick up a piece of litter everyday
- Compost your yard waste and kitchen scraps
- Recycle everything you can
- Grow your own fruits and vegetables
- Support your local zoo, they are working to educate the public on wildlife conservation and environmental issues