- Date Posted
January 26, 2018
Work with Blank Park Zoo CEO, Board of Directors, development staff and volunteer leaders to plan, research, implement and manage a comprehensive development program including annual fund, capital campaign, membership, sponsorship, events and planned giving. Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward relationships within our community to enhance and grow the mission of the Zoo specifically related to development and community relations.
- Establish a vision and create a comprehensive plan for the Zoo’s development efforts, relating to fundraising, membership and events.
- Assist Blank Park Zoo CEO in guiding Board of Directors, staff and volunteer leadership in planning and implementing successful giving programs.
- Oversee and manage current capital campaign plans, soliciting new gifts and stewarding existing donors.
- Oversee and manage development timelines, including individual gifts, major gifts, sponsorships, corporate partners and grants.
- Coordinate creation and production of written collateral for fundraising efforts.
- Manage Conservation Alliance Fundraising (primarily Art for the Wild event).
- Create and follow Blank Park Zoo donor policies and procedures, including general gift acceptance, naming and planned giving
- Plan and supervise donor research, stewardship reports and revenue reports.
- Identify and segment prospective donors
- Create gift range charts and gift tables
- Write fundraising letters, grant and foundation proposals, donor correspondence and stewardship reports. Supervise team that assists with these duties.
- Plan and conduct ongoing training program for board members, staff team and other fundraising volunteers.
- Prepare speaking notes and agendas for CEO, Board and volunteers making calls or presentations.
- Maintain call reports and donor notes in Donor Perfect.
- Provide leadership, counseling, coaching and management of development team including, Director of Donor & Member Engagement, Director of Events & Engagement, Director of Rental & Sales, Manager of Annual Funds, Database Coordinator and Event Coordinators.
- Responsible for the development of team members ensuring they have the tools and guidance to achieve their personal and department goals
- Coordinate publicity and public relations activities that further development goals with appropriate staff and volunteers
- Prepare progress reports and implement regular reporting mechanisms
- Oversee pledge payment, gift acknowledgment process and reporting activities
- Manage donor recognition activities, celebration events and volunteer recognition
- Manage a comprehensive planned giving program including policies and procedures, giving society and recognition
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, advance degree or professional certificate preferred
- 5 - 7 years successful fund development experience
- 3 - 5 years management experience
- Budget management experience
- Capital campaign fundraising experience
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
Skills or Related Knowledge:
- Ability to obtain results and meet fundraising goals
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Superb writing skills
- Ability to be a team player and a leader
- Creative, energetic, entrepreneurial and flexible
- Ability to gracefully manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents
- Results oriented with a demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and implement tasks
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and change, and to work effectively in a complex dynamic organization
- Ability and willingness to work evening and weekend hours
- Proficient in computer skills including donor database, internet research and Microsoft Office
- The ability to operate a motor vehicle
- The ability to lift 40 pounds