- Date Posted
January 26, 2018
The Blank Park Zoo is seeking a reliable individual for the position of custodian. Candidates will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the zoo facility on a daily basis. Hours vary from 12 – 40 hours per week depending on the time of year.
- Cleans and restocks restrooms and checks them regularly throughout the day.
- Empties all trash containers daily and as needed.
- Cleans all litter on Zoo grounds, parking lot, and park property.
- Assists with set-up for events, banquets, and rentals.
- Cleans floors, windows, and garbage in lobby, rental spaces, and other public places.
- Empties trash and recycle containers in the office building.
- Assists with Zoo’s recycling program.
- Maintains a clean and safe atmosphere for guests.
- Other duties as assigned
- Great customer service and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Neat and organized
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Able to work weekends, holidays, special events, and evenings.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Proven reliability.
- Ability to pass background check.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.