- Date Posted
January 29, 2018
Reports to: Director of Donor and Membership Relations
Blank Park Zoo is looking for a responsible, energetic, self-starter who is highly motivated to assist with fundraising and event planning efforts. The Fundraising Intern is responsible for providing direct support to the fundraising and membership team for the 2018 summer season. The individual will assist with the fundraising, logistical planning, coordination and implementation of fundraising events at the Zoo. The position offers hands-on experience and the opportunity to gain new skills.
- Assist Donor & Member Relationship & Event Directors, Database Coordinator, Events Coordinators, Volunteer Director and Development Department with tasks related to fundraising, community presence and development Could include activities related to creating stewardship activities, support, fundraising activities and donor and member relationship activities.
- Assist in fundraising, planning and execution of special events such as Zoobilation, Member Events, Christmas in Zooly and plan fundraising for future Zoo events.
- Assist with special fundraising endeavors
- Attend committee, department and staff meetings
- Create and present an idea-focused on building relationships with Blank Park Zoo constituents
- Represent Blank Park Zoo at community events. Facilitate and host table at awareness and fundraising events
- Conduct and facilitate event recap meetings
- Research new foundations/grants to apply for funding
- Help with editing and writing of proposals and reports
- Assist with maintaining database records
- Support admissions during high volume hours promoting fundraising
- Additional tasks as assigned by the supervisor/director of department
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office) and able to learn new programs quickly (databases, etc.)
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong organizational abilities
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Interest in a nonprofit career - particularly development and fundraising
- Must be currently enrolled in, or graduated from, a college or university majoring in public relations, communications, event planning or a related field Must be comfortable talking with individuals and sharing the Zoo’s mission in a variety of settings
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Proof of current vehicle insurance
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds on a regular basis
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3 month commitment.
Hours: 35-40 hours/week. Evenings and weekends required. Position requires that the individual works community presence events, fundraising table during weekends and some public events such as Zoobilation, Zoo Brew, and Member nights. Ability to work in a variety of weather and temperature conditions. Schedule will be coordinated with the supervisor.
Compensation: This is a paid position.