- Date Posted
March 9, 2021
Reports to: Annual Funds and Membership Manager
Blank Park Zoo is looking for a responsible, energetic, self-starter who is highly motivated to assist with membership sales. Candidates will work under the general supervision of the Annual Fund and Membership Manager. This position works at the membership desk in the admissions building, and handles membership sales and questions, general inquires, and other duties as assigned.
The following duties are essential to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assist with maintaining database records by quality controlling and updating member information
- Support admissions selling and promoting memberships.
- Assists guests with questions, problems, or emergencies
- Answers membership and general info phone line when not assisting guests in person
- Responsible for handling cash and balancing drawers.
- Actively supports area policies and procedures, mission, vision, and strategic plan of Blank Park Zoo.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maintain work hours that will serve the needs of the Blank Park Zoo.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Ability to act calmly and professionally in all situations such as emergencies and guest interactions.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Enthusiastic and outgoing personality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Able to work weekends, holidays, special events, and evenings.
- Proven reliability.
- Ability to pass background check.
- May require the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Computer skills – Able to work with Microsoft Word, as well as adapt to a new Point of Sale and CRM system.
- Writing skills – Able to write legibly and accurately to maintain a correct database.
- Flexible - Ability to handle a flexible workload with a variety of assignments while also maintaining composure in an environment that can be stressful.
- Independent - Must be able to operate independently, exercise initiative, and demonstrate capacity for detail and follow-up.
- Positive - Must be a positive, effective team member and be able to establish professional working relationships.
- Clear communication skills, both verbal and written
- Critical thinking- Ability to make decisions while under pressure or solve complex problems that arise on a daily basis.
- Innovative - Ability to propose solutions to areas of concern as related to membership.
- Efficient- Ability to complete tasks in a thorough but quick manner.
- Customer–oriented – Must be able to exercise professional customer service skills at all times, with many different types of people and all situations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to staff and to visitors of all ages.
Intermediate word processing skills, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to successfully perform the essential functions.
- The majority of the job will be spent sitting at a desk, however there are situations that may require extended standing.
This is an indoor position.