- Date Posted
September 17, 2021
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Blank Park Zoo is looking for a reliable, enthusiastic, self-starter who is highly motivated to manage all rental and group sales accounts. The individual oversees the Zoo rental and group sales programs.
The following duties are essential to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Oversee the promotion and customer relations of Blank Park Zoo’s rental and group sales programs. This includes, but is not limited to, email correspondence, returning phone calls, contract development, venue tours, follow-up and being the onsite contact for groups
- Manage the sales and promotion of Blank Park Zoo’s private event opportunities
- Manage group sales efforts. This includes promoting and processing requests
- Handle multiple clients at once and be able to create contracts, update payments and provide invoices through the point-of-sale system
- Maintain a strong relationship and good communication with staff, volunteers, vendors and caterers
- Manage event calendars, event scheduling and effectively communicate to all staff about upcoming event needs
- Additional tasks as assigned by the supervisor/director of department
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple accounts
- Ability to work well with all staff, volunteers and clients
- Proven reliability and organizational skills
- Must be able and willing to work outside a standard work week as needed, including nights and weekends
- Ability to handle a flexible workload and schedule
- Excellent problem-solving abilities – ability to respond and dissolve issues in real-time
- Flexible - Ability to handle a flexible workload with a variety of assignments
- Independent - Must be able to operate independently, exercise initiative, and demonstrate capacity for detail and follow-up
- Positive - Must be a positive, effective team member and be able to establish professional working relationships.
- Clear communication skills, both verbal and written
- Critical thinking – Ability to make decisions while under pressure or solve complex problems that arise on a daily basis
- Customer-Oriented – Must be able to exercise professional customer service skills at all times, with many different types of people and all situations
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred, with major course work in public relations, communications, sales, event management, or related field
- Minimum of two years’ experience in customer relations and event sales
Ability to communicate effectively to all ages of clients, visitors and staff, both verbally and written
Excellent computer business skills required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to bend, twist, lift 50 pounds
Ability to walk on uneven surfaces such as hills, snow, ice, grass, mud, etc.
Ability to be outside in a variety of weather conditions, including heat and cold
Ability to function in all types of weather including heat and cold. A large part of the job involves being outside.