- Date Posted
January 26, 2018
The Blank Park Zoo is seeking customer service oriented individuals to work at the train. Candidates must be friendly, enjoy children, out-going and are comfortable public speaking. Candidates work under the general supervision of the Guest Service Manager.
- Complete daily safety checks of the tracks, train engine and train cars.
- Greet guests and collect ride tickets.
- Assist guests with finding seats on train.
- Provide safety rules before ride begins.
- Drive the train maintaining a safe speed and following all ride guidelines.
- Conduct a tour of the zoo while driving. This includes providing information about the animals, the zoo history, conservation initiatives, and events.
- Assist guests with questions, problems, or emergencies
- Maintain cleanliness of the station and equipment.
- Perform safety checks of tracks and engine at the beginning of each shift.
- Due to safety regulations, all train drivers must be 18 years of age or older.
- Great customer service and communication skills
- Enthusiastic and outgoing personality
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Able to work weekends and some evenings and holidays
- Proven reliability
- Ability to pass background check
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to speak in front of an audience
- Ability to lift, stand, squat, walk along uneven surfaces and twist
approximately April 1, 2018