Zoo Tots & Zoo Tots Cooking
Ages: 2-4 years with an accompanying adult
Class length: 1 hour
Cost per child: $10 members/$20 non-members
Zoo Tots & Zoo Tots Cooking are classes geared toward children age 2-4 years with their favorite adult! During these classes we invite you to join your favorite furry, feathery, slimy, and fuzzy animal friends in exciting, hands-on adventures!
Registration and pre-payment required. For non-members, class cost includes Zoo admission for child and accompanying adult.
During Zoo Tots we will read books, make crafts, enjoy visits from live animals, participate in educational activities and free play, and explore the zoo.
Zoo Tots classes take place in the Bankers Trust Learning Center located in the center of the Zoo.
- August 26-September 5: Feathered Frenzy
- Virtual Class – September 1
- September 9-19: Squirm & Crawl
- Virtual Class – September 15
- September 23-October 3: The Nose Knows
- Virtual Class - September 29
- October 7-16: Prickle & Poke (no class 10/17 due to Night Eyes)
- Virtual Class – October 13
- October 21-31: Night Time Explorers (no class 10/24 due to Night Eyes)
- Virtual Class – October 27
- November 4-14: Wild Ways
- Virtual Class – November 10
- November 18-21 & December 2-5: Pocket Babies
- Virtual Class – December 1
- December 9-19: Ocean Mania
- Virtual Class – December 15
See registration page for class times and descriptions! Registration for classes will be opened 1 month in advance. Please check back each month for additional classes.
Classes are the same during each theme, please register for only one class per theme.
Click here to register
Zoo Tots Cooking
During Zoo Tots Cooking you and your toddler will make a creative, tasty treat, hear stories, make crafts, and enjoy visits from live animals!
Zoo Tots Cooking classes take place in the Macaw Café located on the lower lever of the Discovery Center by the Scarlet Macaw exhibit.
Out of an abundance of caution, Zoo Tots Cooking classes are temporarily suspended due to COVID-19.
COVID-19 Precautions and Restrictions
Out of an abundance of caution, to keep our guests, animals and staff healthy, we are implementing the following precautions for our Fall 2020 early childhood programs:
- Class sizes are limited to 8 participants and their accompanying adult.
- Participants will be asked to complete a health screening prior to each class.
- All class participants and accompanying adults age 2 and up are required to wear masks or face coverings.
- All participants and accompanying adults will be asked to wash/sanitize hands upon arrival.
- No touching of live animal visitors.
- Crafts and activities will be adapted to reduce contact between participants.
- Sensory bins will still be utilized at the beginning of each class and sanitized after each class. Participants will be asked to wash/sanitize hands before and after using sensory bins.
- No snacks will be offered during classes.
- To keep classes small, ONLY registered participants and 1 accompanying adult will be allowed. Younger/older siblings and extra adults will not be allowed in class. Thank you for understanding.
- Classes will be opened for registration 1 month in advance. Please check back each month for additional classes.
- Virtual Zoo Tots classes are available for families who are uncomfortable attending in person. Virtual classes are charged per household.
- Virtual Zoo Tots classes include many of the same aspects of in-person classes but from the comfort of your own home. Class supply lists will be emailed out in advance or you can choose to purchase supply boxes to pick up from the Zoo.
Registration & Cancellations
All sales are final. If you are unable to attend a class, you can transfer to an open in person class or virtual class. No refunds will be offered unless classes are cancelled by the Zoo.
For more information, help registering please call the Education Office at 515-974-2550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.