We are following all of the recommendations from the CDC and American Camp Association. These precautions may change as we get closer to summer. Your registration serves as agreement to comply with any changes to our COVID-19 procedures.
- Drop off & Pick up: Curbside drop off and pick up will be instituted to avoid having parents and caregivers enter the Zoo.
- Group Sizes: Group sizes will be limited to 15 participants and 2-3 instructors. There will be 2-3 additional Zoo staff that will help with animal programs and lunches.
- Masks: All campers and Zoo staff are required to wear face masks.
- Health screenings: Campers are required to complete a health screening prior to drop off of camp. If this health screening is not complete prior to drop off, campers may not be allowed to stay at camp. Zoo staff are required to complete daily health screenings.
- Activities & Supplies: Activities and games will be modified to keep campers separate as much as possible. Each camp group will have its own set of supplies to use, when possible each camper will have an individual set of supplies.
- Water Bottles & Camper Belongings: Campers are required to bring their own water bottle from home. Any belongings from home must be labeled with the camper’s first and last name. Any unlabeled items left at the end of the camp week will be discarded.
- Cleaning & Sanitizing: Cleanliness and sanitation are always top priorities at Safari Camp. We use antibacterial & antiviral solutions when cleaning. In light of COVID-19, we have increased the number of cleanings each space receives.
Animal experiences: As a part of camp, children will still be able to feed the goats, parakeets and giraffe. Campers will be required to use hand sanitizer or wash hands with soap prior to and immediately following feeding animals. There will be no touching of animals during Ambassador Animal Programs.