We are following all of the recommendations from the CDC and American Camp Association. These precautions may change as we get closer to summer. Your registration serves as agreement to comply with any changes to our COVID-19 procedures.
- Group Sizes: Group sizes will be limited to 15 participants and 2-3 instructors. There will be 2-3 additional Zoo staff that will help with animal programs and lunches.
- Masks: Face masks will be required for all campers and staff in indoor settings unless eating, drinking or sleeping. Campers and staff will not be required to wear masks outside. Masks are strongly encouraged for anyone not fully vaccinated. Masks are required to feed the giraffe whether indoors or outdoors.
- Health screenings: Zoo staff are required to complete daily health screenings.
- Activities & Supplies: Activities and games will be modified to keep campers separate as much as possible.
- Water Bottles & Camper Belongings: Campers are required to bring their own water bottle from home. Any belongings from home must be labeled with the camper’s first and last name. Any unlabeled items left at the end of the camp week will be discarded.
- Cleaning & Sanitizing: Cleanliness and sanitation are always top priorities at Safari Camp. We use antibacterial & antiviral solutions when cleaning. In light of COVID-19, we have increased the number of cleanings each space receives.
- Animal experiences: As a part of camp, children will still be able to feed the parakeets (summer only), goats and giraffe. Masks are required to feed the giraffe.