Ages: 9-12 years
Dates: October 18, November 15, December 20
Time: 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Cost: $40 per child. Members get a 20% discount.
Go beyond the science room and see what skills it takes to work in animal conservation! You'll spend an evening enjoying a pizza meal, doing hands-on experiments, and meeting unique animal species.
Registration and prepayment required.
Click here to register
In order to provide a safe and positive experience for everyone, we thank you for following our expectations.
- No outside food or beverages are allowed. We encourage everyone to bring a reusable water bottle.
- Pizza dinner and an evening snack will be provided. Please list any dietary restrictions in registration.
- Be Safe - Everyone’s safety is our highest priority! In order to keep participants safe, we ask everyone to stay with the group at all times, do not climb up fences or into exhibits, wear appropriate clothing and footwear, and refrain from fighting (even play fighting) as it may result in serious injuries.
- Be Respectful - Simply put, respect means to be nice. We all need to work to be nice to each other, respecting each other’s space, listening with our whole bodies and respecting what everyone has to say. This also includes respecting the plants and animals at the Zoo by not picking any plants or their leaves, tapping on the glass at animal exhibits or yelling at the animals.
- Be Responsible - We share, we clean up after ourselves and we conserve our resources. This means we take turns, push in our chairs, place trash and recycling items in the appropriate bins and do not waste supplies.
Registration & Cancellations
All sales are final. If you are unable to attend a program, you can transfer to an open program during the same season if available. Programs cannot be carried over into different seasons. To avoid rescheduling fees, rescheduling must be confirmed prior to the originally scheduled program. No refunds will be offered unless classes are canceled by the Zoo.
For more information, please call the Education Office at 515-974-2550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.