Home School Safari
Ages: 5-12 years
Length: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Dates: 1st Friday – September-April (2nd Friday in January)
Cost: Zoo Members: $18, Non-members: $26
Explore the world’s habitats at the Zoo! Each month, students will learn about a different habitat and about the plants and animals that call them home. Monthly classes will frequently include touring the zoo, visiting with animal ambassadors, interactive activities & crafts!
Classes run from 1:30-4 pm on the first Friday of each month (second Friday in January). Children are divided up into 4 age groups: 5-6 years, 7-8 years, 9-10 years and 11-12 years.
Registration and pre-payment are required.
- September: Wetlands
- October: Forests & Woodlands
- November: Deserts
- December: Open Ocean
- January: Tropical Rain Forests
- February: Tundra
- March: Coastal Regions
- April: Grasslands
Click here to register
COVID-19 Precautions and Restrictions
Out of an abundance of caution, to keep our guests, animals and staff healthy, we are implementing the following precautions for our Fall 2020 early childhood programs:
- Class sizes are limited to 8 participants.
- Participants will be asked to complete a health screening prior to each class.
- Temperatures will be taken at drop off – anyone with a temperature over 100 degrees will not be allowed to stay.
- Children will be required to wear masks or face coverings.
- All participants will be asked to wash/sanitize hands upon arrival.
- No touching of live animal visitors.
- Crafts and activities will be adapted to reduce contact between participants.
- Virtual classes are available for families who are uncomfortable attending in person.
- Virtual classes are 1 hour long classes related to the month’s theme.
- Cost is $12 per child ($10 for Zoo members).
- Material lists will be sent out a week before classes or parents have the option to purchase material boxes from the Zoo.
Registration & Cancellations
All sales are final. If you are unable to attend a class, you can transfer to an open in person class or virtual class. No refunds will be offered unless classes are cancelled by the Zoo.
For more information, help registering please call the Education office at 515-974-2550 or email email@example.com.