Scout Troop Programs
Is your scout troop working on a badge the Zoo could help with? Or maybe you're looking for a fun program to bring to your next scout meeting. Blank Park Zoo can help provide a fun and educational experience for all scout troops.
- Programs at the Zoo - Bring your troop to the Zoo for a badge program. These programs are 1.5 hours and consist of an hour of badge activities and a 30 minute animal program featuring the Zoo's Ambassador Animals.
- Programs at the Zoo are $225 for up to 10 scouts and one adult.
- Additional Scouts - $8
- Additional Adults - $14
- Admission to the Zoo is included with the price of the program.
- Zoo to You Programs* - Can't make it to the Zoo? Bring our programs to you. Zoo to You Scout Programs are highly customizable. We can do a badge program with your troop or we can simply do one of our regular “Zoo to You” themed programs. For a list of “Zoo to You” theme descriptions click here.
- Zoo to You Badge Programs are $150 for a 1 hour program for up to 15 scouts.
- Additional scouts: $5 (to help cover the cost of additional materials)
- Zoo to You non-badge Programs for up to 150 people
- 30 minute program - $80
- 45-60 minute program - $125
- Service Projects - Looking for a service project instead of a program? We have some service opportunities that can be done in the community on behalf of the Zoo. There is no charge for service projects. Service projects do not include admission to the Zoo.
- Eco CELL Drive
- Fundraising Campaign
- Enrichment Making
*additional fees may apply
To book a Scout Group program please fill out our Scout Group Program request form. You may also email email@example.com or call 515-974-2550.
Cancellations & Reschedules
Programs must be booked at least 3 weeks in advance.
For programs at the Zoo, total payment is due upon arrival at the Zoo. Should you need to cancel or reschedule, we ask that those changes be made at least 5 days in advance.
For Zoo to You Programs, Facility leaders are required to submit a program agreement form and photo of program space at least 2 weeks before the program date.
- Space requirements: Zoo staff and animals must be able to maintain a minimum of 10 feet space from audience members
- If you need to cancel or reschedule a program, please contact us as soon as possible. Cancellations of programs made within 1 week of the program will still be charged 50% of the program cost. Programs cancelled by Blank Park Zoo will not be charged.
- All sales are final. No refunds will be given.
All sales are final. No refunds will be given. For more information, please call the Education Office at 515-974-2550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.