Family Nature Club
We are currently in the process of planning another exciting year of Family Nature Club. Please check back soon for 2019 activities!
Nature Play Philosophy:
- Child-lead, unstructured play in nature.
- Open-ended, free exploration without many adult restraints and rules.
- Hands-on, imaginative sensory experiences outside.
What Nature Play Might Look Like:
- Building tree houses and forts in the woods
- Catching frogs and splashing in creeks
- Daydreaming and watching clouds in a field
- Searching for creatures under a rock or log
- Sorting pinecones, leaves, and sticks
- Or simply running around outside!
The Importance of Nature Play for Children:
- Supports child development (intellectual, emotional, social, physical, spiritual)
- Encourages creativity and problem solving.
- Enhances cognitive ability.
- Increases physical activity.
- Fosters an appreciation for nature and the desire to preserve it.
About Family Nature Club:
Family Nature Club is dedicated to re-connecting families with the outdoors. Research shows that children’s lives are greatly enhanced when provided many diverse opportunities to play outside in nature. These kids are happier, healthier, more self-confident and creative. In addition, Nature Club encourages families to spend quality time together and helps strengthen family bonds.