Blank Park Zoo Education Program Internship
Click here to download the education program internship application
Internship is available to college students looking to gain knowledge and experience developing education programs.
|2020 Intern dates are as follows:
|Spring: Jan. 20 – May 1
||Spring: Nov. 1
|Summer: May 20 – Aug. 7
||Summer: Mar. 1
|Fall: Aug.24 – Dec. 4
||Fall: July 1
Education Program Intern will assist with Blank Park Zoo Education Staff with general education program tasks, while learning about various education and conservation programs and practices including (but not limited to) the following:
- Early childhood programming
- Homeschool programming
- Nature play
- Creating connections between children and animals
- Developmentally appropriate educational practices
- Age-appropriate conservation messaging
- Working throughout the semester to lead or lead portions of early childhood classes
- 18 years or older, currently enrolled in college and receiving college credit for the internship.
- On the first day of orientation interns must provide proof from their university that the internship will be for college credit. A letter from college advisor is acceptable.
- Preference is given to those who are in the education, environmental interpretation, theater, zoology, biology, or related field
- Must be a positive, effective team member and be able to establish professional working relationships
- Successfully complete a background check
- Capable of lifting 25 lbs.
- Willing and able to work in all weather conditions
- Available to work 8-16 hours per week; flexible schedule
- Must be available to work Saturdays from 9:00am – 2:00pm
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Establish and maintain effective, working relationships with children, parents, and staff
- Select and execute a project with the help of the Onsite Class & Camp Manager, presented at the completion of the internship. The project will be designed around a topic of the intern’s interests.